Instructions: Part 1
Must be 18 year or older
Must have a valid Apple ID that is older then six months
Need access to an Apple Mac devic
Team Viewer needs to be installed
Verify address on file
1. Navigate to appleid.apple.com and log in
2. Have the user log in, a Two Factor Authentication will be sent to the users device
3. Under “Payment and Shipping” select Edit
4. Take a screen shot of the Billing Address on file. The exact spelling is very important
5. Navigate to developer.apple.com select Account and have the user sign in
6. Agree to TOS by selecting the check box and then select “Submit”
7. At the bottom of the webpage Select “Join the Apple developer”
8. Select “Enroll”
8. Scroll to the bottom of the webpage and select “Start your Enrollment”. If Prompted about the Apple Developer App, select “Continue Enrollment on the web”
9. Type in the users name and address EXACTLY as it appeared in the billing section at appleid.apple.com. Then select “Continue”.
10. Be sure “Individual / Sole Proprietor” is chosen and select “Continue”
11. Agree to the document by clicking the check box and then select “Continue”
12. On the next screen select “Purchase”
13. The user must then resign in again
14. Select “New Credit or Debit Card” and enter the credit card information. After the card information is there select “Review your Order”
15. One more time double check that the Billing address is correctly typed in and then select “Place Your order”
Application SUCCESSFULLY submitted
Now that the Application has been submitted we need to wait for Apple to approve it. Apple can take up to 48 business hours to approve the application but most accounts are approved or rejected in under 8 hours. The user should receive an email titled “Welcome to Apple developer Program”. An additional way to confirm is have the user log in to developer.apple.com and if the screen says “Pending Approval”, then they have not yet been approved.
After you have confirmed that the user has been approved to be an Apple developer please move on to Part two.
Frequently asked questions
If the 2FA does not show up for the user, select “Didn’t get a verification code?” The the “Text Me” option to receive the code via SMS
This account will become locked for seven business days and will not have the capability to be approved for developer status.
This is a known issue. Apple’s payment portal seems to have a bug that effects 1000s. You can find more information at the following link.
If you experience this try the following methods.
1. Clear Cache and change payment email address.
2. Try payment in a new browser. If using Chrome switch to Firefox. Change payment email address